Should I Hire a Lawyer if I'm a Whistleblower in Texas?
Whistleblowers in Texas come forward for many different reasons. From speaking out about corruption to shining a light on military contractor fraud, whistleblowers often take great risks to report the wrongdoings of their employers, other companies or individuals. Whistleblowers often put their jobs in jeopardy and even put their own personal safety in danger by coming forward.
Texas whistleblower lawyers at Brewer & Pritchard respect and admire people who are willing to take risks for the greater good. We routinely work with these brave people throughout Texas. But many people might not realize just how much we do for whistleblowers. That's why it's important to detail why a lawyer is often necessary if you're a whistleblower in Texas.
Discover what Texas whistleblower lawyers at Brewer & Pritchard can do for you
An attorney can help a whistleblower in Texas in many different ways. These include:
- Explaining your rights - State and federal laws exist to protect whistleblowers, including the Whistleblower Protection Act and the False Claims Act. We can explain to you what your rights are if you choose to become a whistleblower. We can also explain any possible legal consequences if you decide not to report wrongdoing.
- Protecting your privacy - Brewer & Pritchard understands the need for privacy for whistleblowers in Texas. With so much at risk, we respect your desire to protect your identity and not put your job or safety in danger. If you choose to hire us to represent you, we will protect your privacy and your rights and keep our conversations with you confidential.
- Investigating your claim - Our experienced attorneys know how to launch an investigation into whistleblower claims in Texas. We thoroughly understand the state and federal laws governing corruption or other illegal activity. We know what evidence to look for and which government agencies to deal with during the investigation. We take every whistleblower claim seriously.
- Filing paperwork - Whistleblower claims often require filling out pages and pages of official documents at the state and federal level. These forms as well as documents filed in court must be completed exactly to the letter of the law. We can make sure your documents meet all the legal requirements. That way, your whistleblower claim can hopefully withstand any legal challenges.
- Protecting your rights - Whistleblower cases in Texas involve so many different legal issues. It's not simply about reporting wrongdoing by a company or government agency. Your own personal rights as a citizen and employee need to be taken into consideration. As your legal counsel, we will do everything we can within ethical and legal bounds to protect your rights.
Demand justice. Contact a whistleblower attorney in Texas
Being a whistleblower in Texas takes a lot of courage. We admire people who have the tenacity and fortitude to put so much on the line. That's why we work so hard to protect whistleblower's rights. By taking a stand against corruption, you're standing up for every hard-working person in Texas and across the country. The least we can do is make sure your personal rights are protected during this complicated process.
Having an experienced law firm on your side enables you to take a strong stance in your whistleblower case. Remember, you will likely be going up against a large corporation or massive government agency. These organizations routinely hire numerous lawyers to defend their actions during a whistleblower investigation. Make sure you have someone on your side looking out for your best interests. Make sure you have Brewer & Pritchard in your corner.
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your whistleblower case. Don't assume you can handle everything on your own. Contact Brewer & Pritchard today and schedule an appointment. Call 800-445-8710 or fill out our online inquiry form. We respect your privacy.